Most Read

The “Queen Of The Dark,” the girl who challenges the global convention of beauty.

 

     Image Credit: : Instagram link

      It was said that “Black is beautiful and comes in all shades.” The Sudanese model, Nyakim Gatwech, is really the symbol of this. Nyakim Gatwech redefines the conventional definition of beauty and teaches people how to love their skins regardless of their race and gender. Her shinning dark skin takes Instagram by storm as she gathered more than 300 000 followers in few months, and earned her the title “Queen Of Dark.”

      Nyakim Gatwech, who has appeared on covers of international magazines, uses her Instagram account to talk about black skin positivity and tell people how it is important not only to be comfortable in one’s skin, but proud also. In the same vein, she states an incident with an Uber driver who asked her to bleach her skin. Nyakim couldn’t even respond but started laughing so hard and then said “Why on earth would I ever bleach this beautiful melanin God [blessed] me with.”

       Nyakim is a symbol of confidence, determination, and aspiration. She introduces diversity into fashion industry and gives voice to minorities and marginalized people. Although she receives discouraging messages from some people concerning her dark skin, but she is determined and refuses to give up on her self confidence. The messages she sent through social media are powerful and make extremists speechless. In a message she writes “My skin absorbs the sun’s rays and my hair defies gravity. Now you can’t tell me I’m not magical!”
       The following pictures and quotations are taken from Nyakim Gatwech Instagram accounts: Instagram link

                                     Image Credit: : Instagram link

“When you look into your reflection through the mirror what do you see? I hope you see nothing but how beautiful, smart, intelligent, outstanding, unique you are you!!”
                                     Image Credit: : Instagram link

"Beauty is in the beholder. My chocolate is elegant. So is what I represent. I represent a nation of warriors. You can see it in my presentation. MaMa Africa. My roots run deep!" 
                                      Image Credit: : Instagram link


 “You represent me and I represent you and let show the world how beautiful and intelligent we are apart from just being dark skin. Because we are more than what this society think of our dark skin let stand up for those who can’t. Let’s speak up those who can’t. And stay beautiful while doing it.”
                Image Credit: : Instagram link

         I was ask by yahoo "what is your favorite thing about your skin?" My answer was, Besides the fact that no matter how much coconut oil I have to put on my skin, I'm still ashy . I love every apart it, I love the fact my skin is unique and that my whole skin is one tone, and finally how soft my skin is. How can you not love putting on coconut oil on your skin every couple hours lol.

                                      Image Credit: : Instagram link
                                     Image Credit: : Instagram link
                             Image Credit: : Instagram link

No comments